The practical way to a degree
About the program
Bachelor’s degree? Check! So where to next? Practical application of that knowledge? Or a master’s degree? It needn’t be either/or – with us, you can do both! Get the best of both worlds in our PreMaster Program: learn by doing at Bosch, and then go deeper into the theory with your studies. What’s more, expert guidance and financial support are part of the package.
The PreMaster Program consists of two phases – practical work in our company followed by study at a university.
While in-house at Bosch, you assume duties associated with your field that will subsequently form the focal point of your master’s degree, e.g. manufacturing, product development, or marketing. Depending on when you start, this phase can last up to 12 months. You are given a general introduction to our company and attend at least one specialist seminar reflecting your interests. While becoming thoroughly acquainted with day-to-day and project business in your area, you also get an idea of what goes on in related fields.
With your practical know-how as a launch pad, you then embark on your master’s degree and pursue your preferred specialisation. In this phase as well, you can count on our expert guidance on the practical side of things.
There is no set application or starting date for the program. Apply online for vacancies.
Your tasks and who do we look for
What's in for you:
- Increase your professional capabilities through the responsibilities assigned to you.
- Benefit from excellent specialist and personal guidance.
- Sign a fixed-term contract valid until your graduation, and receive remuneration for your work.
- Pave the way to a promising start to your career – many PreMaster participants become Bosch associates directly after graduating.
- Broaden your knowledge in specialist seminars, for example, on quality management or conducting negotiations.
- Enjoy membership in our student program, students@bosch, which serves as an exclusive network and opens doors to career advancement.
What qualifies you:
You completed your bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, the Natural Sciences or a business discipline with outstanding grades and aim to get your master’s. Besides excellence in your technical field, you also bring these personal attributes to the table:
- Innovative strength and willingness to learn
- Goal-orientation and ambition
- A sense of responsibility and the ability to work independently
- Initiative and a high level of commitment
- Team spirit and social skills
- A cosmopolitan outlook
- Good English skills; other foreign languages are, of course, an advantage