PhD - Miniature optically pumped magnetometer
- You join a team of scientists and engineers developing first prototypes of highly sensitive quantum sensors for magnetic field measurement.
- Your objective is development of a miniaturized optically pumped magnetometer (OPM) prototype based on Rb vapor cells. The academic supervision will be provided by an internationally renowned expert on optically pumped magnetometers.
- The intended miniaturized OPM will be a direct step towards highly sensitive measurement of bio-magnetic signals.
- Starting from experimental realization on an optical table the focus of the work in the second half will be system miniaturization.
- Tasks within the PhD work will be: concept development for miniaturization of OPMs, system design and modelling, followed by build-up and characterization.
- Education: You have an excellent MSc degree in physics with a thesis prefereably in experimental atomic or quantum physics.
- Personality: innovative, curious, and hands-on spirit
- Working Practice: structured, result-orientated, and strong analytical skills
- Experience and Knowledge: knowledge in quantum physics combined with practical experience on laboratory setups and typical equipment; experience with micro technologies and sensor design is beneficial
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken), German is beneficial
Kontakt & Wissenswertes
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. motivation letter, curriculum vitae and certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Tino Fuchs (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 7239
Einblicke in unsere Arbeitswelt
Willkommen in Renningen
Our Research Campus in Renningen, Germany, is the international hub of our Corporate Sector Research and Advance Engineering, the Cross-Domain Computing Solutions division, and the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence. Here, associates from all over the world are dedicated to finding answers to tomorrow’s questions. To ensure our researchers’ ideas can develop and flow freely, the campus has been set up to encourage direct, easy communication and nurture inspiration – an environment where creativity knows no bounds. Are you ready to join us in shaping the future? Your innovative spirit and curiosity are just what we’re looking for.