PhD - Brain machine interface utilizing quantum magnetometers based on NV centers in diamond
- Join a team of scientists and engineers developing first prototypes of highly sensitive quantum sensors for magnetic field measurement. Your objective is a proof of concept for human brain activity measurement by magnetic field sensing in an unshielded environment by applying gradiometer techniques to quantum magnetic sensors.
- Your work is embedded in several national European public funded projects with leading, internationally renowned scientists in the field of quantum magnetometers working towards a universal brain machine interface.
- Help us to develop and setup a miniaturized, highly sensitive gradiometer for magnetic field measurement utilizing quantum effects of NV (nitrogen-vacancy) centers in diamond.
- Gain experience in the field of conception and validation of quantum measurement protocols for signal optimization.
- You deploy and validate machine learning techniques for the extraction of user intent from magnetic field measurement time series.
- Education: Master’s degree in physics or electrical engineering with excellent grades
- Personality: innovative, curious and hands-on spirit
- Working Practice: structured, result-orientated and strong analytical skills
- Experience and Knowledge: detailed knowledge in quantum physics and practical experience with sensor electronics and signal processing, as well as with related development tools (MATLAB, Python), experience with machine learning and embedded software on ARM Cortex MCUs is beneficial
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken), German is beneficial
Kontakt & Wissenswertes
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. motivation letter, curriculum vitae and certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Tino Fuchs (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 7239
Einblicke in unsere Arbeitswelt
Willkommen in Renningen
Our Research Campus in Renningen, Germany, is the international hub of our Corporate Sector Research and Advance Engineering, the Car Multimedia division, and the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence. Here, associates from all over the world are dedicated to finding answers to tomorrow’s questions. To ensure our researchers’ ideas can develop and flow freely, the campus has been set up to encourage direct, easy communication and nurture inspiration – an environment where creativity knows no bounds. Are you ready to join us in shaping the future? Your innovative spirit and curiosity are just what we’re looking for.