PhD – Diamond NV magnetometry for detection of bio-magnetic signals in unshielded environments
- Join a team of scientists and engineers developing small size prototypes of highly sensitive electro-optical quantum magnetometers utilizing NV color centers in diamond.
- Your objective is the development and validation of a wearable sensing device, capable of measuring pT field changes in a magnetically unshielded environment by making use of gradiometer techniques.
- Your work is embedded in several national and European public funded projects with leading, internationally renowned scientists in the field of quantum sensors.
- Gain experience in the field of conception, prototyping, and validation of quantum sensing devices and create novel measurement protocols for signal optimization.
- You deploy and validate machine learning techniques for the improvement of signal quality and robustness against interfering signals from the environment.
- You will directly contribute to the development of a novel human machine interface deducing user intent from magnetic brain signals.
- Education: Master’s degree in physics or electrical engineering with excellent grades
- Personality: innovative, curious, and hands-on spirit
- Working Practice: structured, result-orientated, and strong analytical skills
- Experience and Knowledge: detailed knowledge in quantum physics and quantum optics combined with practical experience in ODMR, ESR, or NMR measurements, experience with NV centers in diamond is beneficial as well as experience with COMSOL, Matlab, and Python
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken), German is beneficial
Kontakt & Wissenswertes
The final PhD topic is subject to your university. Duration: 3 years
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. motivation letter, curriculum vitae and certificates).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
Are you interested in working from home, or part-time? Please don't hesitate to ask us.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 12223
Need further information about the job?
Tino Fuchs (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 7239
Einblicke in unsere Arbeitswelt
Willkommen in Renningen
Our Research Campus in Renningen, Germany, is the international hub of our Corporate Sector Research and Advance Engineering, the Cross-Domain Computing Solutions division, and the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence. Here, associates from all over the world are dedicated to finding answers to tomorrow’s questions. To ensure our researchers’ ideas can develop and flow freely, the campus has been set up to encourage direct, easy communication and nurture inspiration – an environment where creativity knows no bounds. Are you ready to join us in shaping the future? Your innovative spirit and curiosity are just what we’re looking for.