PhD position - 5G vehicular communication
5G Vehicular-to-X-Communication support increased traffic safety as well as traffic efficiency and enables Automated Driving.
- Create something new: Development of new approaches to describe Quality-of-Service (QoS) for safety critical functions
- Help shape the future: Research on methods to monitor and increase the reliability as kind of feed back loop with AI methods
- Integrated implementation: Build simulation framework based on the newly developed NR V2X technology
- Experience cooperation: Close Work with partner companies and universities in the European Innovative Training Network ITN-5VC
- EU mobility rule for Innovative Training Neworks: Researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention 1 are not taken into account. For international European interest organisations, international organisations, the European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC) or an 'entity created under Union law', recruited researchers must not have spent more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date at the same appointing organisation.
- Personality: Open-mindedness and high-level of commitment and initiative
- Experience and Knowledge: Deep knowledge of communication systems including 5G
- Qualifications: Master degree or equivalent in electrical engineering with very good grades
- Languages: Very good english knowledge and a basic level of German is appreciated
Kontakt & Wissenswertes
Work will be perfomed within the European ITN-5VC see: https://itn5vc.eu
Job posting for PhD position can be found here: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/588229
The department CR/AEC shapes new systems and technologies for Connected Mobility and Computer Vision. Focus topics are:
- Video-based surround perception and human-like scene understanding based on Computer Vision algorithms and Deep Learning methods
- Communication systems supporting reliability and safety also featuring 5G mobile radio for Vehicle-to-X
- Positioning of vehicles based on GNSS, visual SLAM or mobile radio related methods
- Automated creation of digital map layers based on crowd sourced vehicle data
As part of international research networks, we collaborate with leading research institutes, partners and universities. Our main application areas are connected highly-automated driving, robotics, industry 4.0 as well as building technology.
Need support during your application?
Kevin Heiner (Human Resources)
+49(711) 811 - 12223
Need further information about the job?
Frank Hofmann (Functional Department)
Willkommen in Hildesheim
Hildesheim is a central technology location for Robert Bosch GmbH where associates from all over the world work in various business units to develop solutions for mobility of the future. In addition to the headquarters and engineering site of the Car Multimedia division, Hildesheim is also home to a production plant for the Electrical Drives division, Electronic Services for the Automotive Aftermarket division, and is one of the locations of Bosch's central research and development. Flexible office environments and open communication zones create the very best conditions for growing the ideas of the future. Embedded in the Hildesheimer Wald district, the site offers a unique and inspiring working environment surrounded by nature. Are you ready to join us in shaping the future? We look forward to your curiosity and your passion for innovation.